These are a new fav in our house. Sweet, smokey, spicy tempeh tacos! These tacos would be perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. They're a great quick meal to throw together when you're in the mood for something savoury.
(Makes between 10-12 small tacos)
✘ 2 small sweet potatoes (cubed & pre cooked)
✘ 250g plain tempeh
✘ 1/2 a small onion (diced)
✘ 1/3 cup frozen chopped kale
✘ 1 tbsp smoked paprika
✘ 1 tbsp cumin
✘ 2 tsp garlic powder
✘ 1/2 tsp salt & pepper
✘ 1/4 cup tomato sauce
✘ 2 tbsp tamari or soya sauce
✘ 2 tbsp maple syrup
✘ 10-12 small corn tortillas
✘ sliced avocado
✘ hot sauce
- In a non-stick pan over medium-high heat, add diced onion and cook for 3-5 minutes (until onion becomes slightly translucent).
- Using your hands, crumble the tempeh in to the pan and cook for another 5-7 minutes (until the tempeh is golden).
- Add tamari, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder, and cooked sweet potato. Stir and let cook for 2-3 minutes, then add tomato sauce and frozen kale.
- Add the maple syrup, stir to combine, then remove from heat to prevent burning.
- Assemble the tacos using corn tortillas and top with hot sauce, salsa, and sliced avocado.
For the video tutorial see video below (YouTube: Maddie Lymburner):