While I'm living in Mexico with just a stove top right now, it's forcing me to get creative in the kitchen with different meals! One pot meals are always a quick and easy meal to throw together on a busy day, (or in my case, when you don't have too many kitchen tools)! I was craving curry, so I decided to whip together some coconut curry with rice noodles, tofu, and veggies... and voila!
(serves approx. 3 people)
✘ 4 garlic cloves (minced)
✘ 1 tbsp fresh ginger (minced)
✘ 1/2 of a medium-sized onion (sliced into thin strips)
✘ 2-2.5 tbsp red curry paste (depending on the strength of yours)
✘ 1.5 tbsp natural peanut butter (or any nut butter)
✘ 4.5 cups vegetable broth
✘ 3/4 cup canned coconut milk
✘ 2 tbsp agave nectar (or 1 tbsp of maple syrup)
✘ 300g rice noodles
✘ 1 block extra firm tofu (cubed)
✘ 2 medium sized carrots (julienned)
✘ 1 cup cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
✘ 1/2 tsp salt
✘ lime juice
✘ black sesame seeds
✘ green onion
1. In a non-stick pot over high heat, add garlic, ginger, and onion (adding splashes of water to make sure nothing sticks every so often). Sauté for 4-5 minutes until onions are translucent.
2. Add the curry paste and peanut butter and combine with onion mixture. Cook for 2 more minutes. Then add the vegetable broth and combine well. Bring to a simmer.
3. Once the mixture is simmering, add agave/maple syrup, and coconut milk. Stir to combine, then bring to a boil.
4. Turn the heat down to medium. Add the rice noodles and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add the tofu, and veggies and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
5. Top with a squeeze of lime juice, black sesame seeds, chopped green onion, and cilantro!