A warming, delicious, savory option for those mornings where you just don't feel like something sweet! For veggie and starch lovers! This meal will give you long lasting energy, and keep you satisfied throughout your morning. This recipe is also a great "meal prep" recipe that you can make the night before and then heat up in the morning!
✘ 1.5 tsp garlic powder
✘ 1/2 tsp paprika
✘ 1/2 tsp smoked paprika (sub for regular if you don't have smoked)
✘ 1/2 tsp chili powder
✘ 1/2 tsp cumin
✘ 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
POTATO TOFU HASH:
✘ 3 yukon gold potatoes (diced)
✘ 1 large red bell pepper (cut into chunks)
✘ 1 medium-sized yellow onion (cut in half, then cut lengthways into strips)
✘ 150 g extra firm organic tofu (crumbled into large pieces)
✘ 4 cremini mushrooms (cut into chunks)
✘ 1/2 cup baby spinach
✘ 1/4 tsp turmeric
✘ 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
✘ 2 tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, red pepper, onion, and 3/4 of your spice mixture. Toss to coat the veggies evenly. Then transfer to a lined baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Bake for 25-35 minutes (or until potato is tender), tossing halfway through.
4. Once the veggies are done baking, heat a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add crumbled tofu, turmeric, and nutritional yeast and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add a few splashes of water every so often to make sure nothing sticks!
5. Then, move the tofu to one side of the pan and add the spinach and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes more. Once the spinach is wilted and the mushrooms have started to release water, add the rest of the spice mixture that is leftover from the baked veggies. Toss to combine, and cook for about 3 minutes more.
6. Then add the baked veggies to the pan, and toss to combine everything well.
7. Serve with extra salt & pepper (I like to have mine with hot sauce!) and 2 slices of avocado toast!
For the video tutorial see video below (YouTube: Maddie Lymburner):