These are PERFECT for fall/autumn! Bring these pumpkin rolls to family brunch, or have a slow morning of fall baking! Pumpkin spice makes anything taste 1000 X better!
(Makes 9 buns)
✘ 1 packet of dry active yeast
✘ 1 tbsp maple syrup
✘ 1 cup unsweetened plant milk
✘ 1 tsp vanilla extract
✘ 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
✘ 1/2 tsp salt
✘ 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
✘ 3 cups all purpose flour
✘ 2 tbsp mashed banana (or apple sauce)
✘ 1/2 cup date paste
✘ 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
✘ 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
✘ 1.5 tsp cinnamon
✘ handful of chopped pecans
✘ 1/2 cup soaked cashews (soaked for at least 5 hours)
✘ 3 tbsp plant milk
✘ 3 tbsp water
✘ 2 tbsp maple syrup
✘ 1 tbsp lemon juice
✘ 1/2 tsp salt
Place plant milk in a small saucepan and heat over low heat until lukewarm. Remove from heat and whisk in maple syrup and yeast. Let sit until yeast is activated.
- Whisk in salt, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree, mashed banana, and vanilla extract. Then slowly incorporate the flour. Be careful not to over mix.
- Knead the dough until everything is incorporated, then let the dough rest and rise in a covered bowl for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- While the dough is resting, mix together the ingredients for the filling. Roll out the dough on a floured surface into a large rectangle.
- Evenly spread the filling on the dough, leaving a half inch boarder. Roll the dough length wise into a large log.
- Evenly slice the dough into 9 equal buns and place in a 8X8 baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until buns are golden.
- Blend together the ingredients for the icing in a high speed food processor or blender until smooth.
- Spread the icing on the warm buns and top with extra chopped pecans and cinnamon.
- Serve warm & enjoy!
For the video tutorial see video below (YouTube: Maddie Lymburner):