Who doesn't like pumpkin spice anything... I mean really! This is the perfect time of year to make pumpkin everything. So I thought why not pancakes?! These turned out absolutely perfect and they are great for those cold winter mornings (or any morning)!
(makes about 8-10 pancakes)
PUMPKIN PIE SPICE:
✘ 3 tbsp cinnamon
✘ 2 tsp ginger
✘ 2 tsp nutmeg.
✘ 1.5 tsp allspice
✘ 1.5 tsp cloves
✘ 1+ 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
✘ 1 tbsp baking powder
✘ 1/2 tsp baking soda
✘ pinch of salt
✘ 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice mix
✘ 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax + 6 tbsp water)
✘ 1 tsp vanilla extract
✘ 2 tbsp maple syrup
✘ 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
✘ 1 + 1/4 cup plant milk of your choice
✘ 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
✘ pumpkin seeds
✘ shredded coconut
✘ maple syrup
1. Combine together ingredients for the flax eggs and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice mix.
3. In a separate bowl combine all wet ingredients plus the flax eggs and mix.
4. Combine the wet with the dry and whisk until smooth.
5. In a large nonstick pan over medium heat (make sure the pan is heated before cooking) use a ladle to make you pancake shape. Allow the pancakes to cook for 3-5 minutes or until very bubbly on top (the more bubbles the better). Then flip, and cook for another few minutes.
6. Serve your pumpkin spice pancakes topped with pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut, and a drizzle of maple syrup!
For the video tutorial see video below (YouTube: Maddie Lymburner):