✘ 4 medium-sized stalks of kale (de-stemmed)
✘ 6 cremini mushrooms (diced into fours)
✘ 1 cup cooked chickpeas
✘ 1 cup cherry/grape tomatoes (diced into fours)
✘ handful of hemp seeds
✘ 1.5 tsp garlic powder
✘ 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
✘ pinch of curry powder
✘ salt and pepper
✘ 1.5 tsp maple syrup
CREAMY GARLIC DILL DRESSING:
✘ 1 tsp garlic powder
✘ 1/2 tsp dried dill (if you don't like dill, just leave it out!)
✘ 2 tbsp tahini
✘ 1 tbsp maple syrup
✘ 1 tbsp lemon juice
✘ 2-3 tbsp water (to thin... this will depend on the consistency of your tahini)
1. Preheat oven to 450F
2. In a medium-sized bowl add chickpeas and diced mushrooms. Add all spices and maple syrup. Stir until everything is evenly coated. Spread out evenly onto a lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
3. Chop kale into small bite-sized pieces and transfer into a salad bowl. Using your hands, massage the kale for a few minutes until the kale has turned a nice dark green colour and appears "wet" (this brings out the oils in the kale and makes it nice and tender).
4. In a small bowl mix together the ingredients for the dressing (excluding the water). Slowly add in water until a thin consistency is reached.
5. Add the dressing to the kale and toss until all the kale is coated. Transfer to a serving bowl.
6. Add your chopped cherry tomatoes, chickpeas and mushrooms, and top it off with a sprinkle of hemp seeds!
For the video tutorial see video below (YouTube: Maddie Lymburner):