TO MAKE THE TORTILLA BOWLS:
You will need:
✘ medium-sized flour tortillas (I experimented with corn tortillas, but they broke and fell apart on me. Could work depending on the brand though!)
✘ 1 cup oven-safe ramekins
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Place the tortillas in the oven for just a minute or so to soften them up so they are more mouldable.
3. Place the tortilla over-top of the ramekin dish. Using a 1 cup measuring cup, press the tortilla into the ramekin. Make sure the tortilla is even all the way around.
4. Place the ramekin(s) on a baking tray in the oven and bake for about 12-14 minutes (this will depend on your oven and how it cooks) until evenly browned.
5. Take the tortilla out of the ramekin and place on a cooling rack to cool.
6. Fill with your favourite ingredients!
✘ brown rice/quinoa
✘ roasted/steamed corn
✘ black beans/pinto beans
✘ shredded purple cabbage or carrot
✘ roasted red bell peppers
✘ sauteed mushrooms and onions