This dish has become Kyle's new favourite meal that I make (which means that's a big win for me). These curried cauliflower tacos are SO simple to make, and will most definitely satisfy your taste buds.
(Makes 10 small tacos)
✘ 1 small head of cauliflower (chopped into small pieces)
✘ 1 inch piece of fresh ginger (peeled and minced)
✘ 2 garlic cloves (minced)
✘ 1/2 a small yellow onion (diced small)
✘ 1/2 tsp cumin
✘ 1 tsp paprika
✘ 2 tbsp (adjust to your taste) of curry paste (I used massaman, but red curry would also work)
✘ 1/2 tsp salt
✘ 1 tbsp liquid sweetener of your choice (optional)
✘ 1.5- 2 cups of pureed tomatoes (enough to coat the amount of cauliflower you have)
✘ 1 cup quinoa
✘ 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
✘ 1 1/4 cup water
✘ cherry tomatoes
✘ sliced avocado
✘ tahini lime dressing (mix tahini, lime juice, and water)
- In a non-stick pan over medium-high heat, add onion, cumin, and paprika. Sauté for 2-3 mins.
- Add garlic, ginger, and curry paste to the pan and mix until everything is evenly coated. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add tomato puree and mix until everything is combined. Allow to heat up, then add the chopped cauliflower. Coat the cauliflower in the curry sauce and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to bring the mixture to a low simmer. Cover and allow to cook until the cauliflower is tender (but not mushy).
- While the cauliflower is cooking, prepare the quinoa. Bring the coconut milk and water to a boil, then add quinoa. Turn the heat to low, cover, and steam until quinoa has absorbed all the liquid.
- Assemble the tacos with your toppings, and enjoy!