Hashbrown Omelette (Vegan, Oil Free + Gluten Free)
(makes 2 omelets)
✘ 1 bag of frozen, shredded, oil-free potatoes (1lb)
✘ 8 cremini mushrooms (diced)
✘ 10 cherry tomatoes (sliced)
✘ 1 can of rinsed and drained black beans
✘ 1 cup of frozen corn
✘ 1/2 an avocado
✘ greens of your choice (baby spinach, lettuce, shredded kale)
✘ 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
✘ 1/2 tsp chili powder
✘ 1 tsp cumin powder
✘ 1 tbsp tahini
✘ 1/2 tsp sriracha
✘ 1-2 tbsp water (to thin the sauce)
1. To a preheated non-stick pan over medium-low heat, add half the bag of shredded potatoes and form into a circle. Allow to cook for approx. 10-13 minutes (the underside should be golden brown and the hashbrown should easily lift off the pan without breaking). Press the hashbrown into the pan to make the potatoes stick together a little bit more. Then flip and cook an additional 10-13 minutes. After the first hashbrown is cooked, cook the next one using the rest of the bag.
2. In a separate non-stick pan over medium-high heat, whilst the hashbrown is cooking add together the mushrooms and frozen corn. Cook for 3-5 minutes (or until mushrooms have started to release water), then add the nutritional yeast, chilli powder, and cumin. Turn heat to low.
3. Next make the tahini sauce by combining the tahini, sriracha (or chilli sauce) and water in a small bowl and whisking until your desired consistency/taste (add more sriracha for more spice/add more tahini for less spice).
4. Add about 1 tbsp of the tahini sauce to the mushroom/corn mixture and stir to combine. Then add the black beans and sliced cherry tomatoes.
5. After the hashbrowns are both cooked, add the vegetable mixture, and a handful of greens to 1 half of each of the circles. Fold the hashbrowns over to make an omelet shape. Top with sliced avocado, drizzled tahini sauce, and extra sriracha.