A great pre/post workout snack or healthy dessert! These protein bars are incredibly easy to make, require no oven, and are packed with plant-based protein!
(Makes 9 bars)
✘ 1 + 1/3 cup rolled oats (use certified gluten free oats if gluten free)
✘ 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp hemp seeds
✘ 2 scoops of Vivo Life Vanilla Protein (or your favourite plant-based protein)
✘ 1 tsp ground cinnamon
✘ 3/4 tsp salt
✘ 4 medjool dates + 2-3 tbsp warm water
✘ 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
✘ 2 tbsp + 2 tsp maple syrup
✘ 2 tbsp melted coconut butter (or sub coconut oil)
✘ melted vegan dark chocolate
- In a food processor or high speed blender add oats, hemp seeds, protein powder, cinnamon and salt. Blend on medium speed until it becomes a fine texture.
- Mash the medjool dates with 2-3 tbsp of warm water until the dates are soft and almost form a smooth paste (it doesn't need to be completely smooth, just enough so the blender/food processor can break them down easily with no chunks leftover).
- Add the remaining ingredients (minus the dark chocolate) and blend until well combined. The mixture should stick together when pressed between your fingers.
- In an 8X8 lined baking dish, evenly press out the mixture until it is flat. Add an even layer of melted chocolate on top.
- Let set in the freezer for 20-30 minutes, then cut into 9 equal slices/bars. Store the remaining bars in the fridge for up to 1 week, then store in the freezer.