Homemade Protein Bars
A great pre/post workout snack or healthy dessert! These protein bars are incredibly easy to make, require no oven, and are packed with plant-based protein!
(Makes 9 bars)
✘ 1 + 1/3 cup rolled oats (use certified gluten free oats if gluten free)
✘ 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp hemp seeds
✘ 2 scoops of Vivo Life Vanilla Protein (or your favourite plant-based protein)
✘ 1 tsp ground cinnamon
✘ 3/4 tsp salt
✘ 4 medjool dates + 2-3 tbsp warm water
✘ 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
✘ 2 tbsp + 2 tsp maple syrup
✘ 2 tbsp melted coconut butter (or sub coconut oil)
✘ melted vegan dark chocolate
- In a food processor or high speed blender add oats, hemp seeds, protein powder, cinnamon and salt. Blend on medium speed until it becomes a fine texture.
- Mash the medjool dates with 2-3 tbsp of warm water until the dates are soft and almost form a smooth paste (it doesn't need to be completely smooth, just enough so the blender/food processor can break them down easily with no chunks leftover).
- Add the remaining ingredients (minus the dark chocolate) and blend until well combined. The mixture should stick together when pressed between your fingers.
- In an 8X8 lined baking dish, evenly press out the mixture until it is flat. Add an even layer of melted chocolate on top.
- Let set in the freezer for 20-30 minutes, then cut into 9 equal slices/bars. Store the remaining bars in the fridge for up to 1 week, then store in the freezer.
For the video tutorial see video below (YouTube: Maddie Lymburner):
shela - September 06 2019
i made this maddie and its absolutely yummy xx all my friends loved it and the macros are not that friendly but its homemade and taste way better than store bought protein bars… it was 12.6cal each bar with 12.5gms of protein per bar… will definitely make it again xx cheers
Rita Juarez - September 06 2019
I don’t have any protien powder so I’m going to try almond flour. I’m guessing about 2/3 of a cup because I don’t know the size of your scoop. I guessed it was 1/3 of a cup🤷🏻♀️. I’ll tag you on Instagram when I’m done!
Lily Goswick - September 06 2019
I made these, and they are delicious! Thanks to Maddie I’ve lost fifteen pounds and I’m standing at 113 pounds while 5’6. I’m happy with my body now, and very confident. Thanks Maddie ☺️
Cadence - September 06 2019
These turned out amazing!!!! I could have eaten them all in one sitting. Thanks for sharing. I have a feeling these will be a weekly staple 🥰